School Christian Values
Bible references and Bible Stories
to help us through COVID 19
Take a look at #faithathome
Supporting you with worship wherever you are:
William and Lucy explore worship at home, William and Lucy tell Bible stories. FREE to download and use with your school communities. * https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz6LRBLPKSM
Yes, these are the words of the Boney M song ‘By the Rivers of Babylon’! The song lyrics are taken directly from Psalm 137. Hope this video makes you smile today.
William and Lucy explore worship at home and William and Lucy tell Bible stories (authored by Rebecca Swansbury) are freely available on our website.
They have been written to support families in exploring worship at home; to help them understand the structure of worship, whilst providing them with prayer activities, Bible stories and questions to reflect on. Download the books HERE!
- DfE Governance update is available for school governors
- Rebecca has collated a number of Worship at Home resources please see the attached Collective Worship newsletter
There will be no structured daily plans for Collective Worship in Term 5. However, Rebecca will be collating a simple outline of Bible passages and thoughts to guide schools and families through acts of worship whilst at home. These will be on our website by the end of this week. It is uncertain what Term 6 will look like yet, but we will keep you informed
- The Children's Society has posted information about Self-isolating and dealing with conflict at home
- Your Space therapies have created a free, downloadable training PowerPoint which provides several therapeutic strategies to support children who may not be in school or are on part-time timetables and may need a good quality experience of being held in mind by school staff
- Christian charity Youthscape have created a Youth Ministry hub/liveblog dedicated to helping youth leaders respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Diocese of York has created a Holy Week @ Home resource (attached)
- For Children and Young Peoples Ministry: Going for Growth (on Facebook and via the website www.going4growth.com) has links to reflections, planning worship within the home and other downloadable resources.
We're becoming acquainted with conversations via Zoom and Microsoft Teams, contact us via email, or follow Diocese of Canterbury (Facebook) and @CanterburyDio (Twitter)!
Mrs Toogood has prepared some Bible references for our personal reflections and to bring comfort to us in these difficult times:
Psalm 31v v24 - Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalm 33 v22 - May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 42 v11 -Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising him, my Saviour and my God.
Psalm 94 v19 - When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Matthew 11 v28 - Come to me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.
Romans 15 v13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 11 v1 - Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see.
Thinking of you all
Our school has 5 values: Courage, Forgiveness, Kindness, Peace and Love. What makes them distinctly Christian you might ask? Each of these values is rooted in a Biblical example and our children learn to draw on these examples as they grow morally and spiritually in their time at our school.
Courage: David and Goliath 1 Samuel 17
Forgiveness: The Prodigal Son Luke 15: 11-32
Kindness: The Good Samaritan Luke 10: 25-37
Peace: The Calming of the Storm Mark 4: 35-41
Love: Peter and Jesus John 21: 17
Our aim is that the life of the school should be guided by these values and help shape our relationship with each other and the wider community at all levels.