FOSS (Friends of Sholden School)
Friends of Sholden School are the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) for Sholden School. All parents automatically become members when their children start the school and this is what helps to make the school special with parents and teachers working together for the benefit of the school and our children. FOSS meet throughout the year to plan events to bring the school together as a community whilst raising funds for those 'little' extras that enhance our children’s' learning.
Money raised recently has helped to pay for adventure playground refurbishment, colourful benches for the outdoor area and wet play time games. In addition, F0SS has helped fund costs towards school special events discos, cooking, Easter Egg Hunt and visits to the theatre. A more detailed breakdown can be found at the bottom of this page.
Some of the main events which FOSS organise are the Summer and Christmas Fetes, cake sales and one off events. This year FOSS hope to raise money toward a potting/flower shed for the children. They will also be donating some money towards charity.
Members of FOSS look forward to meeting you and hope you will attend and help out where you can.
If you would like to contact a member of the FOSS committee please email them on the address below.
Easter Bunny comes to visit 2017:
Pictures from 2016 FOSS events:
Christmas Fete with Father Christmas.
Summer Fete 2016.
What FOSS have funded in 2018/19
- The schools Oxford Reading Scheme £1000
- The new tuck shop and shed £1000
- New fun bins £600
- New PE mats £200
- The whole school trip to the Marlowe to see the Christmas pantomime £1100
- Hire of skip for Green Day £230
- AvaBeau Garden £300
- Swans end of year production - £140
- Swans residential trip £50 pp totalling £1400
- New Santa suit £100
- Eater Bunny visit and Eggs £130
- Match funding for School council project TBC
FOSS have also collected some great raffle prizes and donations on behalf of the school.
- Free paints, brushes and plants for Green Day
- Vouchers for Leeds Castle, Digger Land, Mario Photography, Hornby Visitors Centre and Wild wood.
- Meals vouchers for 81 Beach Street, Hythe Bay, The Grand, The Royal Hotel and the George and Dragon.
- Spa vouchers from St Margrets Health Club for a family of 5 with a 2 week swimming pass
- Spa voucher and afternoon tea from the Dover Marina