Sholden Primary School
11th November 2017
This week the newsletter begins with many thankyous! Firstly, a huge thankyou to all our pupils, staff and parents who took part in the Remembrance service last week.
And thank you to everyone who has taken part in Children In Need and come dressed in a spotty fashion! As always a great deal of effort has gone into the costumes. Many thanks for your kind donations - these will be split as ever between Children In Need and our charity for the year.
I was sorry not to have been in school today and to have missed all of the costumes.
We have also held a number of tours this term for entrance into school in September for new Year R pupils. As ever the tours are becoming more and more popular. Please let anyone you know that we can hold more tours if they’d like to look around, just email the office.
As always if you need to get in touch please email me at: email@example.com
Star Awards: Kayla, Dylan B, Stanley R, Beatrix, Libby, Oliver B and Erin.
Young Voices tickets and merchandise orders have been sent off by the office. Any additional orders will need to be made directly to the 02 box office which is more expensive. If you require a seat on the coach please let the office know ASAP, as the transport needs to be booked.
Following recent training of staff can we reiterate that any queries should be made to the office via the front entrance. All parents are requested to come into the school via the front entrance not via the entrance on the playground. If your child needs the toilet in the morning they are welcome to use the toilets in Ducklings Class.
Additionally can we reiterate that parents are not permitted to come into the classroom at any time unless invited to by the classteacher. If your child is late (8:55- 9am) and the gate is still open, please say goodbye to them at the school gate and not accompany them onto the playground – this enables us to ensure that the school is secure at all times.
CLUB CUCKOO will not be available on the following dates due to other events:
- Thursday 7th due to the Panto and Friday 8th December – School Christmas get together
- Christmas Specials at Club Cuckoo include:
- Friday 1st December – Christmas tree decorations
- Friday 15th Christmas Film – Rise of the Guardians (PG) Popcorn & Candy floss.
FOSS CHRISTMAS get together with Santa
Preparations for the Christmas get together have been underway for some time. If you feel you would like to help in anyway please email: firstname.lastname@example.org . The FOSS committee will be meeting every Tuesday morning between now and the 8th. Santa bookings will commence on Monday 27th November.
Religious Education Questionnaire
In your child’s book bag today, will be a questionnaire about Religious Education and Collective Worship in our school. We would be very grateful if you could fill it out and return it to the school. There is a box for any other related comments or questions. Please can these be returned ASAP.
Useful Dates – these are always on the school calendar
- Thursday 23rd November – FOSS TAG DAY – BRING A Hamper item
- Friday 24th November – Celebration Worship for all at St Nicholas Church 2:30pm
- Friday 1st December – Swans Class Worship at St Nicholas & FOSS Christmas Disco
- Thursday 7th December – Whole School Panto Trip – PAID FOR BY FOSS
- Friday 8th December – 3.30 -5.30 Christmas get together and Santa HO HO HO
- Wednesday 13th December Nativity Rehearsal 2:00pm (TBC) at St Leonards Church
- Thursday 14th December – Nativity 6:30pm at St Leonards Church
- Friday 15th December – Christingle Service at St Nicholas Church – all welcome.
- Wednesday 20th December – Last day of Term
Thursday 23rd November is a FOSS Tag day – Wear your own clothes to school, just bring an item to put towards the Christmas hampers.
Mince Pies / Chutneys / Jams
Chocolates / Biscuits / Crisps
Christmas tree chocolates
Christmas cake/ pudding/ Candy Canes
Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Choc
Cheese & Crackers / Smellies / canned foods
Prayer for the week
Give us strength to carry on when life is tough, be with us all in our journey of life wherever we will go and remind us of your presence so we can be at peace.