Firstly, many thanks for taking the time to look at our website and consider Sholden Primary School as an option for the education of your child. We know that choosing a school for your child can be a difficult and complicated process. We believe that our school is unique in many ways and that we can offer our children something different.
Parents considering applying for a place at our school are encouraged to visit the school at any time during the school year. In the Autumn term we run tours on a more formal basis for small groups of parents, with an opportunity to talk to the Headteacher. If it is not possible to visit the school at these times we are happy to show visitors around at any time, as we have an open door policy. Please telephone the office for an appointment.
- Tuesday 31st October 2017 - 9.30 -10.30 - Closed
- Tuesday 7th November 2017 - 9.30-10.30 - Full
- Friday 10th November 2017 - 9.30-10.30 - Full
- Monday 13th November 2017 1.30 -2.30
- Tuesday 14th November 2017 -1.30-2.30
If you feel that Sholden is the right place for your child it is important to bear in mind the admissions criteria below which show how the school will allocate places in order of priority:
1. Children in Local Authority Care or previously in Local Authority Care who with their carer have an active affiliation within the Benefice of St Leonard.
2.Children in Local Authority Care or previously in Local Authority Care.
3.Children whose parents/carers have an active affiliation with the Benefice of St Leonard.
4.Children who will have a sibling attending the school at the time of entry.
5.Children whose parents/carers have an active affiliation to a church which is part of Churches Together in England.
6. Children of staff at the school where a member of staff has been employed at the school for two years or more at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant position for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
7. Health and Special Access Reasons
8. Any other children/distance using the LA KCC guidance of measuring
Please do not be put off by any of the above criteria as the families applying for a place at our school and the criteria they meet vary from year to year.
(Please note that full and complete details of our admissions criteria are contained within the Admissions Policy - a link to which is provided below.)
Additionally, Sholden School also has its own supplementary admissions form which needs to be completed alongside the KCC admission form.
KCC Admissions information can be found here: